Friday, January 20, 2006

the one constant


Change, the one constant.

No argument here.

I wonder how many people there are out there who, like me, can't afford the City and Guilds. I wonder, excluding myself, how much talent is wasted. C&G, like Art Quilting in the US, and thsi statement is no negaive reflection on the participants, is largely the stomping grounds of the welathy and upper middle classes.

I think abo9ut creating an online and correspondence open college of this type to teach and share the information and lead to certgificate and diplomas with structured syllabuses. the information and talent is out there.

So I DREAM.

3 Comments:

Blogger artmixter said...

I spend my life making art, as you know. I have to say that I have never regretted not doing C@G, and I never recommend that anyone else do it, either. There is, as my granny says, more than one way to kill a cat, and the sample making, note taking process of C&G is not for me. Don't think it's for you, either. Just keep making the art.

10:12 AM  
Blogger arashi said...

You're so right, but I'd still like to share the ways and means to anyone who9de would want it. I guesws I'm looking at those who can't afrord to buy books or take courses...

10:25 AM  
Blogger Sophie said...

I think it's a fantastic idea! Art should be shared, and by sharing the techniques and skills behind it broadens the appreciation. As a textile artist myself I feel that a greater appreciation of textile arts by the general population is definitley in order. That way when asked what sort of art I do, I wouldn't have to launch in to a hygely detailed explanation just so that they might understand.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Surface Design
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf