Saturday, July 29, 2006

ON HAVING NOI HEAD

I often, as a lot of us do, escape into a personal world of depression, self-loathing, and distrust of my own process. Art is, as art does, and I lnow I should let it flow but sometimes, I want to be intelledtual and I'm not very good at it, so if these pensiuve moments provide amusement, I'm too dense to care.

I am fascinated by Zen thought and my titltle is taken from a book of the same name I once read. The preimise was that we have no head becsuse we are on th ineie looking out. Well, we lopk in a mirrror and we find a ontradiction. Cocteau felt, as I read him at one oint, that mirrors were an entrance into an alternate reality and not a reflection of the real world.

Now I'm back into the flow. I seek the directnes of color and the beastish apporoach of the Fauvist, and then I seek the lost language that would lead me tto personal truuth. If you want a truthful approach to this, read Artmixter anytime.

while I slither and gyre, she goes to the heart. I follow and listen and things become right again.

I may or may not have a head, but I do have a heart. Now to reconnect to it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sally Webster said...

Hi Vernon

That was a very interesting post. I spend time trying to be in the moment and take comfort from mirrors. They make me feel I really do exist. Glad your back in the creative flow.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

I agree with Sally, Vernon that it was a very interesting post and it has made me think.

2:11 PM  
Blogger artmixter said...

I don't like the idea of not having a head...I live in my head almost full time... I do, though, like the work that's coming out of your head (or lack thereof) recently...keep on keeping on, Vernon

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Surface Design
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf