Sunday, August 27, 2006

pentimento redux

I've been very pensive the last few days, for many reasons, some apparent, some not so apparent. I find my thinking somewhat clouded and redundant at times, but an occasional flash appears through the fog. But the sunlight does not always reveal anything like a clear purpose. This is the third attempt at writing this post. My work hs alwasy been very formal about the issues of design, color and layering of media to produce something coherent and aesthetically pleasing or stimulating. I must confess that I do not pretend to any great thought or earth-shattering meaning in my work, but I hope that a richness of content and meaning by reduction appears to the viewer. If it is meaniningful to you in some way, then I have been successful, or most likely, the process has occasionally struck gold. The digital paintings are built layer upon layer upon layer until the original layer is no longer recognizable. Art is somewhat like archaeology, meaning becomes more apparent as the layers are stripped away in the latter, and the opposite occurs in the process of art as layers are added. So for me, art is a reverse archaeology, an archaeology of the soul, a methodology of the spirit. There, I've done it again/ Another feeble attempt at rational thought in an attempt to shd some light into the shadows. Thanks for listening. Please do not laugh too loudly but do enjoy it. The misspoellings are free.

1 Comments:

Blogger Digitalgran said...

I would not dare to laugh. It's a very good way of describing what we do, and I hope we are both allowed to do it for a very long time to come. We both obviously derive great pleasure from what we do. Does it matter what anyone else thinks? I don't think it does.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Surface Design
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf