Thursday, October 26, 2006

Elegant Surfaces



Something has begun. I'm not sure what, but I'm int5igued. I contginue to work with crayons and metallic paints and acrylics (three primaries.) I'm eorking on white, undyed cotten, and fdyed (MX dyes) muslin, developing the surfaces as a basis for small embroideries or perhaps laces. I'm working small as I'm working by hand as the machine and I are having difficulty connecting because of the tremours and twisting my body has received as a result of the progression of the disesae. the love of fabric and color and stitch keep me functioning aat a higher level than I might otherwise. Is there meaning in the work that's emerging? I think yes, but it is close and personal and perhap a little elusive. a new sample just painted and beginning embroidery on the first sample.

2 Comments:

Blogger His Office, My Studio said...

The two pieces are just outstanding! I look forward to seeing your finished pieces.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Linda B. said...

There is a quality and depth to these pieces that draws you in. Hypnotic almost.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Surface Design
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf