Sunday, February 26, 2006

Cloth and Clay - An Exploratory Conversation

You never know where process will gather info and feed it into the well and a new idea will emerge. For a number of years I've wanted to combine cloth and clay in a series where textile interacts with clay and new work using both media results. I never knew the concept which could drive this series, but something has come up and I'm still not sure, but the only thing to do is to begin. This material did not gel until a post on Omega's blog several days ago brought forth germination within my prcerss. I thank you Olga. And thank you Marion for introducing me to her blog. I've ordered the clay and I'm preparfing the first textiles and a sketchbook is beginning to explore within the context of texture, vessel, containment, icon, interaction. printing, stitching on both textile and clay, the danee, the figure, I'll discuss the process a little and show some glimpse as the work emerges. I promise nothing, only the truth of the work itself.

2 Comments:

Blogger artmixter said...

Hurrah. This sounds like promising stuff. Enjoy the journey, Arashi.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This sounds fascintating, I wish you well on your creative journey and look forwad to following it on your blog

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Surface Design
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf